- All three Standards have a document control requirement;
- The control of records is specified in all three Standards;
- Training, competence & awareness is seen in all three Standards;
- All three Standards have a requirement for internal auditing;
- Management review is seen as the lynch pin for all the Standards;
- Monitoring and measuring devices are used in each Standard;
- Continual Improvement is key to all three;
- Corrective action and Preventive Action are prime requirements.
It is clear with this amount of synergy, the effort in putting the standards into place can be greatly reduced, as can the costs. The benefits to the organisation can be immense and the incorporation of an integrated management system says a great deal about you:
- It says in clear and unequivocal terms that you care about the quality of your products and/or services.
- You care about the degree to which your customers are satisfied.
- You care about the environment and the effect your operation is having on the planet.
- You care about the health, safety and welfare of your employees, contractors and visitors.
And finally that you are sufficiently confident to get these systems externally tested and certificated.
Many Companies looking to place contracts and purchase goods are looking for organisations that have ISO9001 and increasingly have green credentials as well and look after their staff and can demonstrate it.
An Integrated System is the answer.