- ISO9000 Vocabulary and Fundamentals re-issued in 2005
- ISO9001 Quality Management Standard Requirements re-issued in 2008
- ISO9004 Guidelines for quality improvement is still at the original 2000 issue
Both ISO9001 and 9004 were originally designed as a consistent pair of standards, but this link has now been broken with 9004 using the principle that retaining ISO9001 certification might need additional elements to be introduced to maintain the continual improvements needed for growth and success.
However, it should be remembered that 9001 is the Standard for certification and 9004 will never be assessed and certificated.
The new 9004 (subject of course to and final changes) will have the following main sections:
- Managing for the sustained success of an organization
- Strategy for policy formulation, planning and development
- Resource management
- Process management
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis and review
- Improvement, innovation, and learning