Our homes tend to get a thorough Spring-clean at this time of year and so should our computer systems:
- We use Mc Afee as our antivirus supplier and in the package is an application to scan the whole disk or disks and clean where anything adverse is found.
- It also has a registry cleaner to remove all the odd bits left behind from various download, software installation and deletion.
- A defrag utility to consolidate the disks.
- We always review our computer settings and permissions; adjusting where necessary.
- We review all passwords and check that they are not easy to guess, are complex enough and contain a minimum number of characters.
- We review our wireless settings and change the code.We review our PDA settings and if the voicemail pin is still at default then change the pin.
- And finally we review our intruder systems and again change the ode.