Now is the time to review Business Continuity and Disaster recovery plans.
Some elements are:
- What to do if staff are unable to get in to work;
- What to do if deliveries cannot be made;
- What to do if incoming goods cannot be delivered;
- Purchase rock salt or ice melting products;
- Check heating, purchase heating oil supplies if appropriate;
- Ensure that company vehicles are ready to meet the winter;
- Tyres are correctly inflated;
- Tyres have at least 1.6mm of tread;
- Antifreeze is at the correct level;
- Windscreen washer filled with screen wash solution and not just plain water;
- Screen scraper and de-icer kept in the vehicle.
- Computer systems checked and updated as necessary
- Uninterruptable power supplies tested and batteries replaced as necessary;