Now is the time that organisations look to increase training and in that light it is worth mentioning that we have a few spaces on our Management Systems Internal Auditing Course to be held in Colchester on 28-29th November 2013.
Readers of this blog will be aware that many of the Management Standards are changing:
- ISO 27001 the information security standard just re-issued 1 October 2013;
- ISO 14001 due for publication in 2015 (this was planned for 2014, but the response to the first draft was not too favourable);
- ISO 9001 due for publication in 2015.
Inevitably other standards that are based on 9001 will also be updated but no information is available at the moment:
- AS9100, AS9110, AS9120 – The Aerospace and Defence Standards
- ATEX – Explosive atmospheres Standards
- TS 16949 – Automotive Standards.
- The list goes on.
The main aim of these updates is to bring the into line with modern thinking and to standardise the format to comply with Annex SL of ISO/IEC Directives ,Part one, Consolidated ISO Supplement.
This will mean that the format will be:
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
- Context of the organisation
- Performance Evaluation
It is interesting to note that the P-C-D-A (Plan- Do- Check- Act) principles are no longer featured.
Fascinating times ahead?