All certificate holders are advised to plan for the new standards and ensure that they are aware of the changes and timescales.
We will plan the transition with our Clients as soon as the publication has been made.
Just to remind readers:
The revised standards use the Hi Level Annex SL format produced for all new ISO standards and comprise ten clauses.
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
- Context of the organisation
- Performance evaluation
A number of the requirements deemed unnecessary in ISO 9001:2015 have been reinstated in AS 9100.
These additional requirements are necessary for control and traceability required in the aerospace industry, which would not be met with the basic ISO9001 standard.
- management representative is required
- documented information with items to be identified (Quality Manual)
In addition, a number of requirements have been added:
- Protection from counterfeit products,
- Product safety (awareness and compliance)
- Computer back up secured
- Project management
- Measures of on-quality and on-time delivery
- Transfer of work
- Reviews of requirements related to products and services coordinated with applicable functions
- Actions to be taken when not meeting customer requirements
- Handling obsolescence
- Controls of external providers and sub-tier providers
- Additional evaluation of data and test reports
- Controls of production equipment
- Tools and software programmes
- Validation of special processes
- production process variations
- problems detected after delivery
- procedure to define NC process and responsibilities
- review of on-time delivery performance
- actions based on risk assessments, and human factors.